Vector is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer experienced in embedded development and support for automotive software applications.
- You will have responsibilities for understanding and guiding customers in their use of Vector embedded products, as well as, supporting customers through all aspects of the product lifecycle (requirement, design, development, validation, and production).
- Work closely with the customer to further implement and configure AUTOSAR embedded software used in electronic control modules including customer specific software needs.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and support AUTOSAR (MICROSAR) embedded software system (e.g. OS, RTE, BSW modules) as well as application software components.
- Liaison with customers and silicon venders throughout the software development process.
- Meet with customers on a regular basis to develop positive, long-term, relationships.
- Develop customer training courseware and provide instruction in classroom and workshop environments.
- Deep passion for finding and solving problems as well as creating and building software.
- Strong fundamentals with C programming in 8, 16, and 32-bit embedded environments.
- Good knowledge of hardware, software embedded system concepts and architecture.
- Working knowledge of in-vehicle networks such as CAN and LIN communications.
- Good understanding of the embedded software build process (compiling, linking, programming, etc.).
- Ability to troubleshoot issues to resolution. Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Ability and ease with using lab tools such as debuggers, emulators, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Excels in a dynamic, customer focused environment.
- Dedication to teaching both peers and customers new skills.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills with peers, management, and customers.
- Willingness to learn new systems and embedded applications related to vehicle development.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment working on a variety of responsibilities and projects.
- Strong project, self-management and organizational skills.
- BS EE/CE/CS or equivalent combination of education/experience required.
- Familiar with AUTOSAR concepts, architecture, specifications, as well as configuration tools.
- Experience with integrating Vector embedded software systems.
- Experienced with automotive Real Time Operating System (OSEK).
- Experience with Vector products (CANoe, CANalyzer, vFlash, CANape, etc)
- Experience with configuration management software (SVN, GIT, etc)
Vector offers a competitive salary and benefits. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person. Qualified candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local candidates only. Please, no 3rd party phone calls. We are an EEO/AA Employer.