Job Location: Novi, MI (USA)
Vector is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer experienced in writing and debugging low-level firmware and hardware drivers.
- You will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of the product lifecycle: Gather requirements, adapt software for new chips and configurations, validate software, and maintain updates.
- Test, enhance, and maintain low-level flash bootloader embedded software used in electronic control modules including customer specific software implementations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and support low level embedded software including CAN, LIN, flash memory drivers, SPI communications software as well as customer implemented code.
- Liaison with customers and silicon venders throughout the software development process.
- Perform embedded software integration and overall project management.
- Meet with customers on a regular basis to develop positive, long-term, relationships.
- Develop customer training courseware and provide instruction in classroom and workshop environments.
- 2 to 3+ years of experience writing embedded software.
- Strong fundamentals with C programming in 8, 16, and 32-bit embedded environments.
- Good understanding of the embedded software build process (compiling, linking, programming).
- Exceptional debugging skills and ability to root cause problems in low level embedded code.
- Ability and ease with using lab tools such as debuggers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes.
- Excels in a dynamic, customer focused environment.
- Dedication to teaching both peers and customers new skills.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills with peers, management, and customers.
- Willingness to learn new systems and embedded applications related to vehicle development.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment working on a variety of responsibilities and projects.
- Strong project, self-management and organizational skills.
- BS EE/CE/CS or equivalent combination of education/experience required.
- Experience with CAN (CANbus), LIN (LINbus), SPI, UART, I2C and other embedded communications protocols
- Experience with Vector products CANoe, CANalyzer, vFlash, CANape, VN1600, CANcase, etc
- Experience with JTAG/NEXUS/BDM debugging
- Experience with integrating Vector embedded software CANbedded, Flash bootloader, AUTOSAR/MICROSAR
- Experience with configuration management software (SVN, GIT, etc)
Vector offers a competitive salary and benefits. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person. Qualified candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local candidates only. Please, no 3rd party phone calls. We are an EEO/AA Employer.