Vector CANtech is an industry leader in Vehicle Networking technology based on CAN, J1939, LIN, MOST, Ethernet, FlexRay and AUTOSAR, supplying powerful development/analysis tools, software development and quality integration services.
We have an immediate need for an experienced Sales Engineer for our Diagnostics Group to:
- Develop and implement business development plans to meet product line and sales goals.
- Manage and expand continued business with key customers; identifies needs to be filled and work with internal groups to fill these needs.
- Proactively initiate customer contact on a regular basis to develop positive, long-term, business relationships.
- Identify market potential by qualifying customers. Expand sales in existing accounts by introducing new products, processes and services.
- Contribute information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and providing feedback from customers.
- Identify, specify and propose projects to assist customers integrating Vector tools into their processes.
- Identify and facilitate support solutions for Vector diagnostic tools used by product developers and test engineers at OEM’s and suppliers.
- Identify and propose customer training opportunities, define scope of instruction and possibly act as the lead trainer for the class.
- Conduct demonstrations and customer workshops to promote Vector tools within customer organizations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A track record developing and closing business opportunities
- 2+ years of experience performing diagnostic related business development/testing/support activities
- Experience using/implementing automotive diagnostic standards such as UDS (ISO14229), ISO15765, SAE J2534, ODX (ISO22901), WWHOBD (ISO27145), etc.
- Knowledge of C/C++ for embedded systems is desirable.
- Knowledge of XML a plus.
- Knowledge of OEM/Tier1 automotive ECU development and testing process.
- Previous experience with Vector tools is desirable.
- Strong communication skills including verbal and listening skills.
- Strong persuasion and facilitation skills to be effective with different personnel levels and functions both at the customer and internally.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a sense of urgency to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to wear several hats to perform various product line responsibilities.
- Ability to travel to customer sites outside SE Michigan as necessary (typically < 30%).
- B.S. in EE/SE/CE/CS or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience.
We offer an excellent total rewards package. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person. Qualified candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, no 3rd party phone calls.
Affirmative Action/ Equal Employment Opportunity Employer